Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Maine Children’s Scholarship Fund is to increase the educational opportunities for the children of low-income families.
The mission of the Maine Children’s Scholarship Fund is to increase parental involvement by low-income parents in their children’s education.
The vision of the Maine Children’s Scholarship Fund is that all Maine families have the maximum educational opportunities at all income levels.
The Maine Children’s Scholarship Fund will carry out its mission by:
- Offering partial scholarships for tuition for K-12 in Public and Private Schools, and Expense Reimbursement for Home schooling
- Awarding scholarships to families based on income levels at or below standards for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- Publicizing the scholarships throughout the State of Maine
- Providing a special emphasis on serving families in the Bangor Area
- Bringing together scholarship students, families, contributors and workers
- Multi year award commitment
- Server as a resource to parents
- Raise and distribute funds for scholarships